Beethoven encounters: June, 2023
The Beethoven Fest New York City will organize its first conducting workshop under the leadership of Maestro Jason Tramm. The program invites emerging conductors and those who wish to refine their skills to participate in a workshop and masterclass with Maestro Tramm on Beethoven's music. Five participants will have the rare opportunity to conduct the orchestra in rehearsals and in a concluding public performance. All participants are eligible for the Beethoven Fest Conducting Award.
Applications will open on February 10th, 2023. Application will be available here.
The Beethoven Fest New York City welcomes and encourages applications from conductors who identify as various races, genders, abilities, and sexual orientations. The organization is committed to eliminating systemic barriers and to a more inclusive experience. We are focused on fostering creative spaces that are safe, respectful and accessible for everyone.
- The workshop will offer the opportunity to work with a fully-professional orchestra.
- The festival will provide a digital video recording of the conducting experience for each participant.
- The winner of the Beethoven Fest Conducting Award will be invited to conduct during the third season of the Beethoven Fest New York City, in 2024.
- The workshop includes 3 individual Zoom coaching and 1 group class for the selected participants with Maestro Jason Tramm during the last two weeks of May, in preparation to the experience with the orchestra. The meetings will address the technical and interpretational challenges of the repertoire.
- On June 16th each selected participant will be working with Maestro Tramm and a collaborative pianist on the selected repertoire.
- On June 19th the selected participants will be working with the full orchestra for 40 minutes each and they will conclude the workshop with a public performance.
The candidates will have to choose one of the following Beethoven's works:
Fist Movement (without repetitions)
Fourt Movement (full)
Coriolan Overture (full)
Application Deadline: April 10, 2023
Selected participants confirmation: April 25, 2023
Workshop Fee full payment: June 1, 2023
Application fee (non refundable): $100. Pay here.